Wednesday 2 November 2011

Denman Island, Piercy's Farm

Off we went over to Denman Island, a cool, wet day, the usual type of day for our Wed Class! Yup, rain doesn't stop us 12 photography students and one "just do it" professor! Off we went, and the colder it got, but we trekked up the hill to the well known farm site. What a treat, the historic 100 year old barn has a treasure trove of wonderful antique machinery! And cobwebs galore to add character! Our first assignment in which we could use flash if we wanted but the awesome natural light from the open barn door brought neat contrasting light! Here is a sample of my images. Enjoy!  Oh , and yes, we found a herd of cows too! 



 This horse buggy was in awesome shape and with a little fill flash the ornate wood decorations stand out fantastic!

 Natural lighting and this old wash tub and scrub board caught my eye! Hmmm, a polarizing filter would help bring out the detail in the wash board more but I love this one.


And just what do you think caught my eye with this one? Leave me a comment and let's see if you are correct! Watch for my answer soon.
Hope you enjoy these, tell your friends and come follow me!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my spot in blogland! I love to hear what you think of my photograpy!